From the booming popularity of gluten-free products, there are a variety of recipes to choose from. One of which is a Gluten-Free Citrus Shortbread!
- 200 g butter, softened
- 125 g icing sugar
- 1/2 grated zest of orange
- 1 grated zest of small lemon
- 1 the grated zest of lime
- 350 g gluten-free flour
- 1 tsp gluten-free baking powder
- sugar, to serve
- A normal rolling pin
- Pastrymade Rolling Pin
- Cookie cutter
- Preheat the oven to 190C/gas 5. Grease a flat baking tray, then line with a sheet of baking paper.
- Beat the butter, then cream it with the icing sugar and all the zests until light and fluffy. Fold in the flour and baking powder, then use your hands to form a dough – do not overmix.
- Flatten the dough, cover with cling film and leave in the fridge to firm for about 30 minutes.
- Lightly flour a work surface and using a normal rolling-pin, roll out the dough to roughly 1/4 inch thickness.Dust the PastryMade rolling-pin with flour and tap excess off.
- Applying light pressure and in one complete movement, roll your engraved rolling-pin over the dough.
- Stamp out rounds with a metal cutter and place biscuits evenly spaced onto a cookie sheet.
- Put your shortbread onto the tray, then chill in the fridge for 10–15 minutes, before baking in the ovenfor 12–15 minutes until pale and crisp.
- Remove from the oven and allow to cool for 5 minutes, then transfer to a cooling rack and sprinkle with sugar. This shortbread will keep for up to a week in an airtight container.