This light and refreshing lemon cookies are quick and easy to make with an embossed rolling pin and sprinkles. Serve them up with freshly made lemon curd and ice cream for a perfect dessert.
- 200 g. (14 T. ) butter softened
- 130 g. (1 cup) powdered sugar or coconut sugar, powdered in blender
- 1 medium egg
- zest of 1 lemon
- 1/2 tsp pure lemon extract
- 400 g. (3 1/2 cups) all purpose flour or Einkorn all-purpose or whole grain flour
- 1/4 cup pastel blend jimmies
- Whip butter until smooth
- Add in powdered sugar until well combined
- Mix in egg, lemon zest and lemon extract
- Add flour just until combined
- Add 1/4 cup colored jimmies and gently and quickly knead in with hands
- Wrap soft dough in plastic wrap and chill in fridge for 1 hour
- Quickly roll out half the dough at a time on a floured surface with a smooth rolling pin to slight 1/4″ thickness. Roll in long narrow shape to fit the width of your embossing roller.
- Roll once with an oiled PastryMade pin, pressing firmly, and rolling slowly.
- Cut out shapes and transfer to a baking sheet and pop into the fridge for 30 minutes or freezer for 10 min before baking.
- Bake at 375 degrees for 5 to 7 minutes